Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Aftershocks?

I just realized that being ready to face death as I always say is easier said than done. If I could only negotiate then I would really do it. Prayer is the best weapon that we could do in this trying of times. Storm, flooding and earthquakes are the many natural calamities that the human race have faced and no "expert" can stop it. I thought this could be "signs of times" as mother nature is now calling the shots to put things in order, into balance.

As what I have blogged yesterday, we were hit with an earthquake not so strong but which no one would not want to be in. Although there were no reported injuries and damages I still kind of feeling uneasy that what if a big earthquake would strike again? God forbid but I really have to prepare. What is more stressful, I realized, are the aftershocks. It drove me nuts, half-dead and blank when it hit at around 2:30 early morning of 27th. I thought I was high on drugs, half awake awaiting for what's next. Three (3) more aftershocks followed until around 8:30 in the morning. What's worst, rain came not heavy but something that would make things worst if a big earthquake would strike again. At its first instance I jumped out of my bed by adrenalin rush and called my National Volunteer (translator) but the reply left me shock as well as he just replied in a very flat tone "yeah earthquake" (LOL)...wow was the only word that came out of my mouth. I went back to my bed but this time I had put on my 2 sweaters and 2 jackets. I was ready for any eventuality. Important documents like passport, expert permit and IDs are beside me so that if anything happens I can just grab them with ease. I slept so uncomfortably. I just wonder why does earthquake has to come at the holy hour when people are sleeping? Could this be saying something? Although I am aware that it can strike anytime it's just that everytime it hit here it's always at the time when people are in its deepest sleep.

Well, I realized we all have to deal with different holiday stresses. Mine is just so different.

No comments:

Post a Comment