Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A sneak peek of 2009

2009 is Year of the Yin Earth Ox. According to Chinese astrology it has more influence of the Yin which is a bad influence but Feng shui experts say that generally it would be a good year as all of the 5 elements of wood, metal, earth, fire and water are present. Based on the Chinese calendar, first day of the year of the ox is January 26, 2009.

If you want to know more about 2009 and its predictions using Feng Shui please visit: http://www.feng-shui.eu.com/advice/chineseanimalpredictions2009.htm.

The Feng Shui

I am not a devout Fengshui believer but it’s also cool to get a glimpse of what’s in store for me in the new year. Hence, I visited the above website just to check out how those who were born in the Year of the Tiger perform in the Year of the Ox. Well, this is what I discovered. “Overall, it will be very good year for you as compared to last year. There are poor stars shining in your constellation and basically these stars represent poor human relationships and that you have to lessen making decisions based on impulse and career wise, it will be a good year but still be careful as there are people who will try to pull you down”. Hmmmnn, sounds interesting. The most exciting part however, is that it says “that single tiger should not take risks in relationships this year and let your confidence shine through as "peach blossom" for romance is very strong this year”. Whew! Peach blossom? What can you say? I need this! I should take risk (LOL).

I still believe it’s about hard work, perseverance and diligence that will bring us to where we want to be. I am definitely excited for the year 2009. I am looking forward to a brighter year ahead. I am not good at making resolutions but I am a certified born dreamer in all situations possible I dream and when I dream, I dream big – tax free (LOL). I would give you a peek of how my year of the Ox would be like.

1. With regards to the affairs of my heart – As I’ve said I am moving on and look for new one – damn! There are many out there untouched and that’s not synonymous to virgin okay? (LOL). My feng shui says that romance will be very strong this year. I like it (harharhar) and I want to be more Sexually Pre-Occupied (SPO) this year - I promised myself (LOL). So the equation is Love + Sex = Romance – why not? harharhar
2. My placement with VSO is finishing soon by the end of February and I am keeping all my options open. I have been barking hardly to all international organizations for a paid job and hopefully will get one good reply. Another possibility is an extension with VSO in which we are currently negotiating for a new placement.
3. I am going home in March (Godwilling) for a dip in the sea and unwind to gain back my sanity.
4. I am going to apply for housing loan – definitely a substandard low-cost housing and will see if I can afford it (poor joel).
5. I shall start my personal photo-album project if time permits me to do it.
6. Will visit my dentist for my dental apparatus to feel good…
7. My feng shui says, my best protection to ward off negative vibes and cool down the effect of poor stars in my constellation – is a pig…yes a pig so a key holder or a key chain with a pig symbol would be helpful but I also reckon If I am not going to extend my contract here in China then I might as well start my meat business – why not? (LOL).


My Dreams

1. Join United Nations.
2. European Tour.
3. A 2-storey Balinese inspired house complete with amenities – a swimming pool, an entertainment room with home theater, a spacious living room, a butterfly tea garden and a small gym.
4. A BMW - any model will do (LOL)
5. Start a business – a backpackers’ hostel. The name would be “Oikos” or Casa do Mundo…

I told you I dream big and its these dreams that kept me moving and brings me back when I stumble. It feels good to have dreams and direction. Each year is a step closer to these dreams. Watch out (LOL).

No comments:

Post a Comment