Thursday, December 30, 2010

My New Year’s Forecast



2011 is Year of the Rabbit. I could be honest I am a fan of Chinese Astrology but that doesn’t mean I follow the predictions for that certain year. I don’t know why I am following it, it adds excitement to my imagination as to what’s gonna happen for the year to come. I still have to read yet about what’s in store for me in the year of the rabbit as I am born in the year of the Tiger – I guess that’s my first post in 2011!

To be candidly honest to all of you, I can’t wait to bid goodbye to 2010. I am antsy! Can’t wait to shake it off! You might be asking why? Oh well, I am not saying that 2010 hasn’t been good to me. In fact there were many good memories, “first times” (LOL) that had happened to me and lessons I have realized that I would say 2010 has been the most challenging and tumultuous year I have ever had. I could say it from both the professional and personal level, financial and romance. The most exciting was the romance of course (LOL) and the most heart-breaking was being financially BROKE!

My Biggest lessons in 2010:
1. Self Assurance. I have learned to depend from NO ONE but myself.
2. Savings and financial management is imperative for the rainy season.
3. Nurturing Relationships. True friends shine at your darkest moment to comfort you.
4. Friendship can sometimes be bruised by irresponsible actions but am sure it’s forgivable as long as the other party is apologetic.
5. PRIDE can have both a positive or negative influence on the decisions we make. If used in a positive way, it can make us stronger, move forward gracefully and rise up above from all our adversaries.
6. Health is wealth. Watch carefully what you put in your mouth because anything in excess in BAD.
7. Decision-making. Always calculate when you move.
8. Embracing Reality. Acceptance of the things that comes in your life even if they don’t seem to fit into the puzzle.
9. Make do of what is available.
10. Appreciate your imperfections and the imperfections of your family and friends.

There you go, my lessons that I am gonna bring to 2011. I am now ready to face fearlessly the New Year. In fact I am ready to break the “Law of Jante”. What is it? Well, I am an avid follower of Paolo Coelho (PC) and the Law of Jante was reflected in his book “Like the Flowing River”. According to PC, this law is very popular in Scandinavian Countries and in the words of PC “you are worthless; no one is interested in what you think, therefore you had better opt for mediocrity and anonymity. Do this and you will never face any major problems in life”. This law puts into context the feelings of jealousy and envy.

The Anti Jante Law then is that “You are worth much more than you think. Your work and your presence on this earth are important, even though you may not believe it. Of course such ideas could land you in a lot of trouble for breaking the law of Jante but don’t be intimidated. Continue to live without fear and you will triumph in the end”.

So with the coming New Year and banking on the challenges that came my way and the lessons I have realized – I am ready to break the Law of Jante, AJA! Have a joyful New Year everyone!

PS. Thanks Gaga for lending me your precious book.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Weng. Let's all hope and work for the bests in 2011. johnroxas

    ReplyDelete