Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jade

Thanks Arliang for this wonderful send-off gift!

I was so surprised to receive a slab of Jade courtesy of a good friend named Arliang. He co-managed my favorite Burmese bar in Longchuan. This is the only resto-bar that gives you a city ambience in a sleepy town. It's a cool place which offers different Burmese and chinese delicacies. Anyways, I am not a “lover” of Jade. But Jade is so popular in China. It has cultural meaning which dates back to the Qin and Han dynasty. The Jade (yĆ¹)stone has been revered in china since Neolithic times. It was believed that jade was empowered with magical and life-giving properties. But when I went to the famous Jade market in Ruili City, I was drawn by it's captivating brilliance and carvings. It's awesome. During the Beijing Olympics Jade was used in combination with gold, silver and bronze in the production of Olympic medals.

So thanks Arliang for the friendship and your warm hospitality. Ate a vista o meu amigo!

2 comments:

  1. friendship if you are not a lover of Jade, you cannot be a fine lover. give that to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaah I started to love it now so that I can be a good lover hahahaahah

    ReplyDelete