Monday, November 8, 2010

Rewind – sometime back in July 2009

I wrote this article way back in July 2009 and for no apparent reason it was completely forgotten in the huge files in my computer and now it found it’s way out of the box – that’s destiny! I know Jovie – you are fed up with destiny but yes if you can make or at least control one show it to me now! LOL.

They say misery loves company. I say boredom loves company. I was not miserable then but I was bored with nothing going on in my placement - nada. When you are bored, you feel everything is boring, lousy. As a chain reaction, I felt my blog profile is quite boring as well and I have not blogged for quite sometime. I haven’t written anything: read: without you the poetry in me is dead” – whew! And true indeed my mind is not moving, not working, completely shut down. So for the sake of fun I sent email to a cross section of my friends – located in different parts of the world. Wow, I received amazing replies. You see it’s not only me who is bored – a lot of my friends were bored as well. Imagine they replied to this non-sense brainstorming (LOL).

I know you are all familiar with the theory of Johari’s window. Yes, there are really things we don’t know or we are not aware of or sometimes aware but just can’t accept it because it’s too negative and you feel it’s a crime to act that way. But in doing this crazy non-sense thing I thought, it’s amazing to have a glimpse of what your friends thought of you. Others may not reflect the real you but it could be as well that you are inclined to be on that side in the future.

So to all of you who participated in this quickie stuff – thank you so much for being so honest and for those who were afraid to mention the negative side of myself – c’mon if you are my friend – just tell me straight – no hurt feelings! Promise!

My friend D (a close friend of mine) who refused to be named here first said I am a “user” (can this be true?) hahahahaha but retracted it when I said I am gonna mention the name for credits so she put it this way. Joel is kind and sociable (LOL). Aydel who is based in Zambia sees me as “adventurous and bold” – I just do not know in which aspect but I know deep down there in me is wanting to be adventurous and bold hahahaha – nice shot Aydel! A lot of replies were on the positive side – c’mon guys don’t be afraid to voice out anything negative! Two (2) of my friends named Eves thought Joel is always positive, optimistic and brilliant. Great you have tea from me (LOL). I love this one. Pazee thought he is bubbly and intelligent (what? read: IQ below sea level (LOL) but moody. By forced Jovie – a self-proclaimed gifted child (sorry she claimed it by our group affiliation LOL) thought Joel is bubbly jolly. N, a friend who is based in Canada refused to share my negative traits as she said it could be hurting as definitely she’ll be hurt to hear negative traits. Hmmm the law of Karma is working. Well she said Joel is a trusted friend and a friend forever and that is supported by Bayen. Angie is a friend way back my NGO time in the Philippines and our friendship is one that is pure and complicated. By purity I mean we say straight what one doesn’t really want to hear (LOL). This friendship is totally different in myriad ways. I say it’s harsh and sweet. She said Joel is Mosaic and Knotty. Whatever that means (LOL). But Lorey a close cousin said I am simple yet complicated. That is actually what Angie means with knotty. Jess – a fellow volunteer and a friend I met in China described me as brutally frank and bluntly honest – all for the goodness of everyone. Lastly, Barbs whom I consider a good friend and a mentor thought I am sweet but can be as loud as 1.3 billion Chinese (LOL) – nice one! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment