Saturday, November 13, 2010

Xie xie ni Paolo Coelho

Thank you very much! Muito Obrigado! Xie Xie ni! Maraming Salamat! Daghang Salamat! - No words not even a language can describe how grateful I am for having the opportunity to read the greatest works of Paolo Coelho. They just come at the time when I am my lowest ebb. He is one of my fave authours. Your words linger with positivity and hope. This time I was reading your “Like the flowing River” – wow, so refreshing and indeed enriching – Just in time when I need it the most.

And I quote “we are all walking towards death, but we never know when death will touch us and it is our duty, therefore, to look around us, to be grateful for each minute. But we should also be grateful to death because it makes us think about the important decision we take, or fail to take; it makes us stop doing anything that keeps us stuck in the category of the ‘living dead’ and, instead, urges us to risk everything, to bet everything on those things we always dreamed of doing, because, whether we like it or not, the angel of death is waiting for us".

I have in many opportunity shared my thoughts on death with my closest friends while some thought it to be morbid others were agreeable. Yes, I am not afraid of death for I know it can come anytime but also, I have made an agreement with our Lord God if, it can be possible - I'd like to have a silent death - one that doesn't make so much noise and news. One that I can consider a graceful exit from this world (LOL). I should make a blood compact with the Lord hahahaha.

Although I have always dreamt of a rich life, a life of abundance and luxury but just in case my time comes before my dreams are realized at least I am ready with my funeral. In fact I have gotten an account with Forest Lake (memorial lot) and St. Peters for the services. At least my family will have an easier time dealing with death and grief for at this point in time it is expensive to die.

But hey let's get on moving towards the realization of our dreams, after all Life is so good. It's good to be alive. Life is worth fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment